The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has announced that the registration and transfer window for the 2022/23 football season will open on Friday, July 1, 2022.
This is for clubs in the Ghana Premier League, Division One League, and Women’s Premier League to register players for the new season.
The GFA says the date for all Regional Football Association League clubs to register players will be announced later.
The opening of the registration window is in accordance with the GFA Regulations which make provisions for the opening of registration before the commencement of each football season.
The window for registration will open on Friday, July 1, 2022, at 00:01 GMT and close on Monday, August 15, 2022, at 23:59 GMT.
The GFA has also set Thursday, August 25, 20222 at 23:59 GMT as the deadline for responding to queried registrations.
The association has also urged all clubs to comply with the timelines above because there will be extensions.
As the 2022/2023 registration opens on July 1, 2022, the following Directives are to be observed strictly:
1. All queries for 2021/2022 season on a club’s dashboard when vetted after July 1, 2022, will revert to 2021/2022 season and therefore clubs will have to renew the registration of the players again for the 2022/2023 season.
2. Payment of registration licenses must be made before applications are submitted for vetting otherwise such applications shall not be vetted and shall be rejected in the system.
3. Wrong, fake, unreadable documents in their application, SHALL be rejected in the system.
4. The GHANA CARD shall be the only proof of identity for registration both renewals, transfers, and new registration.
5. All transfers both domestic and international must be done in the TMS before registration can be completed in the registration system.
6. Clubs are to ensure that they check the player’s name in the system, before registering a player as a new player and taking full responsibility and consequences for the new registration.
7. Clubs that refuse to release an amateur player to the new club, the GFA shall release the amateur player to the new club to ensure smooth registration of such a player.
8. Any club that refuses to counter instruct a transfer request in the DTMS when there is a transfer agreement, the player involved will be declared free and all the benefits in the transfer agreement will be nullified.